Below you’ll find all the vendor resources you need in order to make your participation in the Louisville Gift Show successful. If you still have questions, you can contact us here.
Decorator & Electrical Services
Gateway Center is the official general services contractor for the St.Louis Gift Show, and provides a wide variety of services including extra tables, electrical, and more. Deadline for Advance Pricing is July 17, 2020. The form to order extra items can be found HERE.
Drape is black
Most of the space is carpeted.
There is WiFi available in the Exhibit Hall complimentary. We offer no guarantee of service or security. We strongly encourage you to bring a WiFi and/or MiFi Hotspot device.
Have your freight delivered to Gateway Center. Contact Hannah Ossola for details. 618-345-8998 x118
Postcard Mailing List Deadline – 5/01/2020
Booth Balance Due Deadline – 7/03/2020
Show Program Ad/Info Deadline – 7/03/2020
Exhibitor Services Pre-Order Deadline – 7/17/2020
All companies are responsible for providing their insurance. Be sure to review the TERMS and CONDITIONS regarding insurance.
We often get asked if a copy of the buyer registration list will be provided prior to the show. The registration list of buyers will be distributed after the show so that we can include on-site registrations. (Most registrations occur in the last seven-to-ten days prior to the show.)
BOOTH STAFF BADGES
All booth personnel accessing on the show floor are required to wear an “EXHIBITOR” badge during show hours. Submit your names below no later than August 10, 2020. Badges will be waiting for you at the show.
Show Days & Hours:
Sunday, August 16 – 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Monday, August 17 – 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
OnSite Set Up & Teardown Hours
Set up Day & Hours:
Saturday, August 15 – 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
Tear Down Day & Hours:
Monday, August 17 – 3:00-8:00 p.m.
(Vendors left after 8:00p.m. will incur $150 per hour charges.)
EARLY TEARDOWN POLICY & SHOW RULES
Early booth breakdown is strictly prohibited. Due to an increase in complaints from buyers and exhibitors on this issue, Rosehill Gift Shows is committed to eliminating these practices from the show floor on the final day of the trade show.
An exhibitor is in violation of early breakdown if they start to break down their booth, remove product from their shelves, box up product and are unable to conduct business in their booth PRIOR TO 3 PM on the last day of the Show (Monday). Show Management will have on the show floor the last day to enforce compliance of this policy, if your booth is breaking down, we will take photographs and ask you to stop. If the action continues we will take photographs again and your company will receive a violation of $1000 as well as forfeit the opportunity to participate in the show.
Companies in violation of this policy are jeopardizing their booth location for future shows and the fine must be paid prior to being able to reserve space in subsequent shows. Please keep this in mind when making staffing decisions and travel arrangements for the final day of the show.
- Vendors must adhere to all booth rules and regulations as outlined within the Terms and Conditions as well as:
- Merchandise to be sold and booths must remain in tact until 3pm on the last day of the show (Monday).
- Vendor agrees to conduct all business within their contracted space.
- Vendor agrees to maintain all product, storage items, extra boxes, materials, etc. within its contracted space or vehicle.
- No yelling or hawking at customers from your booth.
- No disturbing other exhibitors or their customers.
- No touching buyers and/or exhibitors without their consent.
- We appreciate your cooperation in creating a professional business environment for our industry buyers.
You may have or are likely to be contacted by a person or company offering to sell you a contact list for our show. I’ve received several for my own show. The offer states (copied from one of the email’s)
“Engage your business with a top quality Retail Stores Email List to explore an opportunity to reach new business prospects.”
In this particular message, there is no mention of a company, just a person’s name and supposed title. Very sketchy! In other emails, I’ve seen supposed numbers of 2,000, 4,000, 10,000, etc. contacts with contact information and some sort of vague promise of accuracy. Mmmm…ok.
- We don’t sell, rent, lend out, allow peeking, etc. of our list. One particular email stated they had the 2020 Spring Show attendee list. Impossible. It was still being compiled when the email was received.
- If you receive a solicitation email that states they have a database for Rosehill Gift Shows or any one of our shows, the information provided did not come from us. If we had 10,000 buyers the show would be much larger than it is. AND, we would share that information with you! A list of registered owners/buyers is provided to you as part of your participation in the show.
In my 30 years working trade shows I have seen every type of marketing group and individual there is when it comes to selling contact/mailing lists. We do not in any way endorse or condone these companies and we are not responsible for their behavior. Any business arrangements regarding the event that you may make through unaffiliated third-party companies are at your own risk and expense. Again – we do not sell, rent, lend out, etc. our list.